There is one session available:
Digital Branding and Engagement
About this courseSkip About this course
Want to learn how to get people to engage with your brand, but not sure where to begin?
Digital technology has rapidly evolved in the last decade, and so too has the way people communicate. Businesses can no longer rely solely on traditional business models to build brand awareness.
In today’s interconnected, hyperaware world, brand awareness and brand engagement are synonymous. We are in the age of digital brand engagement, where brands need to participate in, and inspire, a two-way conversation with their consumers.
This course will teach you about this shift and how it has altered the way brands communicate with their audiences. You will learn about the challenges of managing a digital brand and how rich and compelling content, combined with digital distribution, are integral to brand engagement.
This course is part of the CurtinX MicroMasters Credential in Marketing in a Digital World that is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the five courses.
At a glance
- Institution: CurtinX
- Subject: Communication
- Level: Intermediate
- You will need access to a Google Account (FREE to create) to complete the activities in this course.
- You will also need access to YouTube to watch a range of videos which are provided to illustrate examples of digital branding and engagement.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Marketing in a Digital World
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The inter-relationship between paid, owned and earned media
- Consumer change and how it is altering brand communications
- Content marketing and how owned content can be distributed across company-owned digital media assets
- The value of Earned Media which interests your audience
Module 1: The Digital Consumer Compare and contrast marketer control versus consumer control Examine consumer empowerment Explore consumer participation and engagement Module 2: Content Marketing Examine content marketing and determine its value Explore different strategies for content distribution Identify some of the challenges associated with content marketing Module 3: Owned Media Assets Explore the concept of owned media and its importance to brands Investigate the impact of owned media decision making Examine a range of owned media assets and determine their value Module 4: Earned Media Investigate brand engagement and why is it important Examine and evaluate a range of engagement platforms Identify different levels of engagement Explore strategies for shaping earned media